Mayor de Blasio announced a Special Election to fill the remaining term of ex-City Councilman, Rory Lancman, to be held on February 2, 2021.
Angelo King, our club Correspondence Secretary, is running under the King for Queens party. Another fellow Republican, Howard Neiman, is the candidate for Law and Liberty party.
This will be the City’s first “ranked choice” election.
Unfortunately, they have been knocked off the ballot by John Haggerty of the Queens County GOP and challenger, James Gennaro on December 8, 2020.
Candidates on the ballot are:
• Moumita Ahmed “Mo For The People”
• Deepti Sharma “A Better Queens”
• Dilip Nath “Your Voice Matters”
• Neeta Jain “Community First”
• Michael Earl Brown “United Citizens”
• Mujib U. Rahman “Unity”
• James F. Gennaro “Queens Strong”
• Soma S. Syed “Soma for Queens”